Turntable Pro-ject X2 (Clamp not included)
The X2 is an Uncompromised heavyweight design combined with high-end features. The big brother of Pro-ject X1 sets new standards.
Tonearm, Cartridge and Dustcover included
Clamp not included
« Many prospective purchasers will find the Pro-Ject X2 to be the perfect turntable for their needs as it delivers strong sound from a well built, easy-to-use package that's even better value for money when purchased with the fitted Ortofon cartridge option. Yes, there are a number of quality rival decks at this price point, but the X2 scores highly across the board and so holds its own in the affordable vinyl spinning stakes » David Price, hi-finews, January 2020
Real high-end features.
- Azimuth & VTA: Fully adjustable.The X2 comes with fully adjustable Azimuth & VTA. It offers you the possibility to modify your X2 as you want it.
- 2 kg Platter: Resonance free acryl. The perfect platform to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
- 33/45/78 RPM: High precision motor control. A sophisticated DC/AC generator board generates clean and stable power to drive the motor. Easily change speed with the push of only a single button.
New motor suspension
A good motor by itself, is already very quiet. To get the best performance out of it, we have improved the motor suspension. The X2‘s motor chassis is carefully balanced and suspended on a precision tuned TPE belt - this way the motor chassis is effectively decoupled from the main plinth for optimal performance.
9'' Carbon-Aluminium Tonearm
Compared with its little brother the X1, the tonearm is longer - 9“ in length - and the tube has a wider diameter. The carbon/aluminium sandwhich construction results in better internal damping. The increased mass makes the tonearm an excellent fit for low compliance MC cartridges.
Metal Feet: Damped & height adjustable.The three height adjustable damped aluminium feet guarantee the perfect stand & massively reduce risk of acoustical feedback.
The Tonearm: 9'' Carbon-Aluminium Tonearm. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment. The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight.
Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge Ortofon 2M Silver:
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass - 0.5 mg
- Tracking force range - 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
*) Typical value
Phono Cable: Semi-balanced RCA cable. To guarantee a perfect connection to your amp you will find a high-quality phono RCA cable in the box. Our Connect it E is a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable, with superior shielding.
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Principle: belt drive
- Speed variance: 33: 0.25% 45: 0.20%
- Wow & flutter: 33: 0.12% 45: 0.10%
- Signal to noise: 70 dB
- Platter: 30mm thick, 2 kg heavy acryl
- Main bearing: stainless steel/brass
- Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge Ortofon 2M Silver
- Tonearm: 9” carbon/aluminium sandwich
- Effective arm length: 230 mm
- Overhang: 18 mm
- Effective tonearm mass: 13,5g
- Tracking force range: 0 - 30mN
- Included accessories: 15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat
- Power consumption: 4,5 watts max / 0.3 watt standby
- Dimensions: 460 x 150 x 340 mm (WxHxD)
- Weight: 10 kg