Phono Cartridge ORTOFON 2M 78RPM
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M 78 is an improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy, a spherical diamond that is perfect for playback of 78 rpm shellac records, which require a larger stylus profile.
The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The 2M 78 uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 4 mV
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R 65 µm
- Tracking force range: 1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 50-300 pF
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Grey
- Cartridge weight without screws: 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M 78 (interchangeable with 2M Mono)
Stylus lifetime: with proper care we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degradation of performance.