Moving Coil Phono Cartridge ORTOFON MC Anna
The Ortofon’s MC Anna represents the highest echelon of Moving Coil cartridges
This state of the art product, representative of numerous Ortofon design elements and ideals, is truly exemplary of the highest degree of performance possible in contemporary analogue playback technology.
The story behind the MC Anna cartridge
- Historically Ortofon has a long tradition of paying tribute to persons who have been highly influential within the high-end audio culture and in music culture and history in general. In honor of these remarkable persons, Ortofon has introduced numerous products throughout the years, including the historical MC Rohmann, Kontrapunkt BACH Series and MC Windfeld cartridges.
- Continuing this tradition with the MC Anna, Ortofon dedicates this new flagship cartridge to the Opera Diva Anna Netrebko, a virtuoso whose performance displays a formidable technical arsenal of endless versatility. With the dedication of the MC Anna, Ortofon once again emphasizes the company’s unchanging commitment and devotion to the music and to the purest delivery of recorded sound.
- Much like Anna Netrebko, Ortofon aspires to provide the ultimate musical experience through a mixture of innovation and technical expertise, combined with inspiration that goes beyond mere thought to reveal true inner emotion.
Flexibility and performance with a range of compatibilities
Output impedance of 6 ohm and a low-to-medium output voltage of 0.2 mV make MC Anna a perfect partner for most MC phono preamps and step-up transformers, including the Ortofon ST-80 SE.
Ortofon’s MC Anna focuses on providing music in its entirety without compromise, offering an ideal balance of precision and musicality to provide an engaging experience on a whole new level.
With fine attention to both micro and macro dynamics combined with fluid tonality and texture, the MC Anna will shatter the boundaries of recorded music forever.
Considering Ortofon’s world-class knowledge in analogue sound reproduction, the new MC Anna will undoubtedly provide sound which is literally unsurpassed and simply has to be experienced.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.2 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 0.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 25 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 22 dB
- Frequency response - 20 Hz-20 kHz +/- 1.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 9 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Special polished Nude Ortofon Replicant 100 on Boron Cantilever
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 5/100 µm
- Tracking force, recommended - 2.6 g (26 mN)
- Tracking angle - 23°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 6 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - > 10 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - SLM Titanium
- Cartridge colour - Black/Silver
- Cartridge weight - 16 gram
Optional Installation service : on customer's site installation and set-up within European Union
If you buy the optional installation service, one of our team members will take an appointment with you to deliver the cartridge, install it and make sure it is properly set-up.
To buy an installation service please click here