Moving Coil Phono Cartridge ORTOFON Quintet Red
A perfect introduction to the world of Ortofon moving coils.
It features an Elliptical diamond which is cut and polished to Ortofon’s standards. This entry-level MC cartridge has very high pricto-performance ratio and is a perfect all-rounder for the newcomers to the world of Moving Coil cartridges.
Compatibility with Rega brand TT/TA:
REGA brand cartridges’ height from stylus tip to the top cartridge mounting surface is lower than standard. Therefore you would need spacers to ensure the correct set-up of the Ortofon cartridge.
Adjusting the height of your Rega tonearm is easy with Acoustic Signature's Spacer Set. It allows you to adjust the height from 0.5 mm to 3.5 mm in precise steps of 0.5 mm - without removing the tone arm. Simply loosen the screws, insert the AS-spacer, then lock the screws back down, and you're tonearm is ready to play.
3.2 - 4 mm spacers should be enough for Quintet cartridge.
- Output voltage at 1 kHz 5 cm/sec - 0.5 mV
- Channel balance - < 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - > 21 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - > 14 dB
- Frequency response 20-20.000 Hz - +/-2.5 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 65 μm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 15 μm/mN
- Stylus type - Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range - 2.1-2.5 g (21-25 mN)
- Tracking force recommended - 2.3 g (23 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20º
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 7 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance - >20 Ohm
- Cartridge body material - ABS/Aluminium
- Coil wire material - Copper
- Cartridge colour - Red
- Cartridge weight - 9 g
*) Typical value