Moving Coil Phono Cartridge ORTOFON SPU 1S
The SPU #1 models are perfect all-rounders for the newcomers to the world of SPU
The SPU #1 S and SPU #1 E feature respectively Spherical and Elliptical styli, High Purity Copper armature windings and Ground wood and resin composite housings.
With their linearity and full bodies, the SPU #1 models are a perfect solution for the playback of stereo recordings.
Sonically, the SPU #1 models are genuine SPUs, known for their full-bodied and powerful music image, minimum of intermodulation distortion and an impressive channel separation.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.18 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 20 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 10 dB
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 60 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 10 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 18 µm / r/R 8/18 μm
- Tracking force range - 3.0-5.0 g (30-50 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 4.0 g (40 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 2 ohm
- Recommended load impedance > 10 ohm
- Cartridge body material - Ground wood and resin composite
- Coilwire material - High Purity Copper (OFC)
- Cartridge colour - Black matte
- Cartridge weight - 28 g
*) Typical value