Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge ORTOFON OM 5S
The OM 5S is a moving magnet cartridge for general purpose application
If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon's answer to perfect tonearm matching. Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
If your tonearm is an standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate. If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5 g.
The OM 5S features Spherical stylus, robust and economic solution for play back of vinyl records.
Styli types and interchangeability
By adopting a wide range of replacement styli, the OM 5 Series can provide an optimum match for your home system, application and budget.
In the development of OM cartridges, a major objective was to provide the music lover with the opportunity to optimize sound reproduction without having to replace the entire cartridge. Instead of being merely intended for replacement purposes following wear or damage, the OM 5 Series allows you to step up to better sound by simply upgrading the stylus.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 4.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 20 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 12 dB
- Frequency response - 20-22.000 Hz
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 60 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.5-2.0 g (15-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.75 g (17.5 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance - 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 200-500 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
- Cartridge weight incl. extra weight - 5 g
- Cartridge weight excl. extra weight - 2.5 g
- Replacement stylus unit - Stylus 5S
*) Typical value