Phono cable - Van den Hul D-501 Hybrid - RCA to RCA
The D – 501 HYBRID is a cable with a very high shielding factor. Sonically this is one of the best cables in our program. Not really expensive and with a very high performance quality.
The D – 501 HYBRID is regularly used as a microphone cable in critical professional recordings and as a standard product for e.g. SME in England together with the prestigious Type V tonearm. This already since 1987.
The 2 signal lines are made each of 19 x 0.1 mm. very high grade OFC wires with the highest density of very pure silver coating.
- As an extra layer around the metal group, we use a Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated coating.
- The signal line insulation with the colours white and yellow is made of cell-PE, so the stripping can even be done with your fingernails to prevent wire damage on the silver coated copper strands commonly caused by mechanical stripping.
- The resistance per signal lead is: 11.3 Ohm/100 meter.
- The capacitance between the 2 signal leads is: 75 pF/meter.
- Very flexible specially treated artificial fibres are used as a filler to prevent any harm caused by external humidity or chemicals.
- The shielding consists of 96 x 0.10 mm. wires of a high grade Matched Crystal (MC) OFC with a dense and very pure silver coating and a LSC saturated helical tape.
- The resistance of the shielding is: 2.3 Ohm/100 meter.
- The very flexible black outer jacket is made of migration-free HULLIFLEX ® to prevent any chemical deterioration over a long period.
- The type printing repeats every 25 cm. (10″) to make cutting of specified lengths easy.
- The external cable diameter is: 4.5 mm.