Power supply PRO-JECT POWER BOX DS2 SOURCE
Universal linear power supply for up to 5 components & 1 turntable
Power Box DS2 Sources: Cleanest power for ultimate sound of Box Design components plus turntable!
It is a proven fact that a power supply is a very important part of the audio path and significantly contributes to the sonic quality of an audio product. In order to offer the possibility of improving sound quality, we designed our linear power supply Power Box DS Sources. It significantly enhances the sound quality of up to six Box Design components, like streamers, CD players, pre-amplifiers and also offers the possibility to connect a DC-driven turntable.
A linear power supply consists of a massive toroidal transformer with shielding between primary and secondary winding, which acts as an isolating transformer and avoids penetration of interferences from mains into the audio component. The built-in transformer has a much higher power reserve compared to the standard power adapter. It has very low output impedance and in combination with large filtration capability it can easily manage all power needs. Sound staging, darkness of silent backgrounds and small detail resolution will improve strongly and contribute to a far better overall performance of each component.
Six standard connection cables are included in delivery. Special highend super shielded connection cables in these lengths are available on request: 20cm, 40cm, 80cm, 1m.
The following interconnect power cables are supplied in box:
- 2 x 9V (1.3mm connector) – a detailed list of supported Pro-Ject devices can be found in the manual and product information in the Downloads section below
- 3 x 18V (2.5mm connector) – a detailed list of supported Pro-Ject devices can be found in the manual and product information in the Downloads section below
- 1 x 15V (2.1mm connector) – to connect a 15V DC driven Pro-Ject Audio Systems turntable.*ATTENTION: NOT SUITABLE for the following turntables: Xtension 9, Xtension 10, Xtension 12, RPM 9, RPM 10 and the models of Signature line, with high power consumption and a heavy, mass loaded, platter. For these turntables we recommend the Power Box RS Uni 1-way with the 15V turntable modification. For more information please contact your dealer.
- Higher end power cables Connect-it Power DSwith superior shielding and individual customized lenghts are also available for Power Box DS2 Sources!
- Input voltage: AC 230V/50Hz IEC C15 connector (120V/60Hz US)
- Output voltage/Current:
2 x 9V / 2A max (1.8mm connector)
3 x 18V / 1A max (2.5mm connector)
1 x 15V / DC-turntable (2.1mm connector)
CAUTION: Do not use for other voltages
- Filtration capacity : 10.000 Microfarad
- Output voltage ripple : <1mV
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 206 x 71 x 209mm
- Weight : 000g
- Purest & cleanest power using non-switching power supply
- 5 Box Design component & 1 turntable power output
- Standard power cables included
- Higher end power cables Connect-it Power DS with superior shielding and transmission optionally available
- Not suitable for integrated & power amplifiers, receivers etc
- Soft start system avoids current inrush in primary winding
- Audio type toroidal transformer
- Main isolating transformer with copper foil shielding
- Secondary voltage rectification with precise regulation
- High filtration capacity (10.000 µF)
- Low ESR capacitors
- Low noise components with surge protection