SOLID STATE PRE AMPLIFIER MUSICAL FIDELITY M6S PRE (MM & MC)
The M6s PRE is effectively a preamp without limits. Its wide range of inputs, coupled with superlative performance, mean it can form the heart of almost any system, regardless of price.
It's a pure Class A design capable of driving any power amplifier, over any length of cable. It itself is easy to feed, making it even more flexible.
The M6s PRE has an array of inputs suited to both traditional and modern music sources. It has an MM/MC phono stage, two balanced inputs, three line-level connections, a fully configured tape in/out loop and a digital USB socket.
There are home theatre bypass options on both balanced and line-level inputs.
Performance is stunning. The M6s PRE sounds sweet, clear and fast, with tight, extended bass. No wonder that in his Hi-Fi+ review of the M6s range, Alan Sircom praised the M6s PRE for being "both excellent and excellent value for money."
- THD(+ noise) - single ended: <0.005%
- THD(+ noise) - XLR Balanced: <0.004%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >96dB ‘A’-weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –1dB, 10Hz to 80 kHz
- 1x MM/MC RCA / Phono
- 2x XLR Balanced Line Level
- 4x RCA / Phono Line Level
- USB type ‘B’ connector for computer/PDA
- Dimensions - WxHxD (mm): 440 x 126 x 400
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 11.4 kg/16 kg