Turntable Pro-ject The Classic Evo (Clamp not included)
The Classic Evo is a Sub-chassis turntable with 9“ carbon/alu sandwich tonearm.
The new Classic Evo is based on the successful EISA Award winner Pro-Ject The Classic.
Tonearm, Cartridge and Dustcover included
Clamp not included
hi-finews Outstanding Product Sound Quality 85%
The main improvement is the sub-platter, where we used the experience we gained from designing the 175 – Vienna Philharmonic Recordplayer to add key changes to the Classic Evo. The main bearing construction we use is a similar system as the one on the Vienna Philharmonic Recordplayer. For improved comfort, an electronic speed change was built in, which lets you switch from 33 to 45 rpm (and vice versa) with the push of a button. Compared to the old Classic, we improved the subchassis; we tried to make it heavier and stiffer to reduce resonances. Isolating the platter and tonearm from the resonances of the motor and main plinth is the target. The heavy aluminium main platter construction utilises advanced thermo plastic elastomers (TPE) for optimising resonance behaviour.
The tonearm tube is made out of a sandwich of carbon and aluminium: carbon for stiffness and speed, alu for better damping. The bearing has been upgraded to the same type that is used on our Pro-Ject CC EVO tonearms. It facilitates frictionless vertical and horizontal movement, guaranteeing precise tracking across the entire duration of the record. The counterweight incorporates a TPE* damper which allows us to reduce the amplitude of the tonearm cartridge resonance frequency by 50%. As typical for Pro-Ject we offer also azimuth and VTA adjustment to use a variety of cartridges.
We supply as standard the Ortofon Quintet Red moving coil cartridge.
- Diamond cut precision alu sub-platter
- Improved sandwich subchassis
- Ortofon Quintet Red cartridge pre-installed
- Electronic speedcontrol (33/45 rpm)
- Belt drive with electronic speed control 33/45 rpm
- Height adjustable decoupling feet
- Precision balanced TPE-damped aluminium-platter
- Metal/MDF sandwich chassis floating on TPE suspension
- 9” carbon/aluminium tonearm with MM & MC capability
- Inverted EVO bearing design
- Arm bearing housing of solid ring type. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonances
- Azimuth and VTA fully adjustable
- TPE damped counterweight
- Classic wooden chassis in 2 satin finishes (walnut, eucalyptus)
- Dustcover included
- Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
- Drive principle: belt drive
- Platter: 300 mm aluminium
- Mains bearing: stainless steel
- Wow & flutter: 33: ±0.10 % 45: ±0.09 %
- Speed variance: 33: ±0.13 % 45: ±0.10 %
- Signal to noise: 70dB
- Tonearm: 9” carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm
- Effective arm length: 230 mm
- Effective arm mass: 13.5 g
- Overhang: 18 mm
- Tracking force: 10 - 30mN
- Included accessories: 15 volts DC / 0.8A power supply, dust cover
- Power connection: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 5 watt max / < 0.5 watt standby
- Dimensions: 462 x 131 x 351 mm (WxHxD) lid closed
- Weight: 10.5 kg net
In the box:
- The Classic Evo with Ortofon Quintet Red
- Connect it E RCA Cable
- Dust cover
- Felt mat
- Adapter for 7“ singles
- Round drive belt for 78 r.p.m.
- Power supply, allen key, stylus pressure gauge