Turntable YAMAHA GT-5000 (Cartridge & Clamp not included, Dustcover optional)
Referencing the ‘Gold Age’ of Hi-Fi, the GT-5000 draws inspiration from Yamaha’s original 'Gigantic and Tremendous' series turntables - characterised by heavy wooden cabinets and platter which served to dampen vibration and deliver improved performance.
Cartridge & Clamp not included
Read a product review here
Including a pure straight and short arm for absolute transparency and openness in sound, balanced signal path delivering absolute purity in signal transmission and design reflective of the GT heritage and absolute quality in craftsmanship and construction, the GT-5000 presents a new era on Hi-Fi from Yamaha. A sound both for the ears and the soul.
- Balanced output achieves full balanced signal process from cartridge to speaker
- GT Series design
- Straight, short arm for transparency and openness in sound
- Custom belt-drive mechanism (AC synchronous motor)
- 5 kg aluminium platter
Accurately capturing the audio from the source is the imperative first step in delivering authentic, true, Hi-Fi sound.
The flagship GT-5000 adopts a short, straight arm designed to deliver superior rigidity as well as balance of weight and mechanics which results in improved traceability.
A rigid mechanism with simple construction means there is no need for an inside force canceler weight.
The customised belt-drive mechanism of the GT-5000 minimises the influence of the motor cogging and excludes feedback control for an open and smooth sound.
The original GT concept utilised the notion of internal mass to counter feedback control. This is built upon with the GT-5000 which negates feedback control through the belt-drive.
Further enhancing stability and performance is the heavy aluminium platter of the GT-5000 which weighs in at a hefty 5 kg.
The GT-5000 is driven by a 24-pole, 2-phase AC synchronous motor that generates an accurate sine wave.
The GT-5000 exhibits exceptional rigidity and stability in its design - extending to the specially designed feet which have been tailor-made for the flagship model.
Heavy-duty yet exemplifying the luxurious look and feel of the GT-5000, the custom feet ensure high-fidelity audio performance.
Worthy of the flagship Hi-Fi status, the GT-5000 boasts a luxurious Black gloss finish -reminiscent of a Yamaha grand piano - to match perfectly with the C-5000 pre-amplifier, M-5000 power amplifier and the NS-5000 flagship speakers.
- Drive Method: Belt drive
- Motor: AC synhronous motor
- Motor Drive: Crystal sine wave
- Rotation Speed: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm
- Rotation Speed Variation: ±0.1%
- Rotation Speed Adjustment: Built-in crystal osc.
- Adjustment Step: 0.1%
- Adjustment Range: ±1.5%
- Wow And Flutter: less than 0.04%
- Platter: [Outer] Machined aluminium (Diameter 35 cm), [Inner] Brass (Diameter 14.3 cm),
- Static balance straight tonearm
- Effective Arm Length: 223 mm
- Overhang: -17 mm
- Acceptable Cartridge Weight: 13.5-36 g (including headshell) / (25-36 g need sub weight)
- Head-shell Weight: 14 g (including screws, nuts and wires)
- Output Terminal: Analogue Audio: 2 (XLR balance x 1, RCA unbalance x 1), Strobe: 1 (3.5 mm mini jack)
- General Power Consumption: 15 W
- Dimension (W×H×D) : 546 x 221 x 411 mm; 21-1/2"x 8-3/4"x 16-1/8"
- Weight : 26.5 kg; 58.4 lbs
Option : On customer's site installation and set-up within European Union
After delivery of the package, one of our team members will take an appointment at the address of delivery to install your equipment, and make sure it is properly set-up.
To buy an installation service please click here